The Unbroken Woman blog is hosting The Respect Dare. She started her Dare on July 10th, using Nina Roesner’s The Respect Dare: 40 Days to a Deeper Connection with God and Your Husband as a guide, posting about their journey. Here at Affaircare, we’ll be starting The Respect Dare on August 1st. I’ll be adding it to the Romance Calendar and I’ll be blogging about respect, in light of an affair, for the whole month…well 40 days actually!
Here are the “Rules” on The Unbroken Woman site which I am brazenly copying here on Affaircare:
1. For ladies only! This is on the honor system and I might not can prove you are a lady, but I trust that anyone willing to submit to finding ways to strengthen marriage in a Godly manner wouldn’t be dishonest.
2. Participation must be sincere! When you comment, please share your journey or your struggle–not “good comment” to everyone’s comment. Be honest and let’s help each other grown here.
3. All interactions with each other need to be encouraging! If another woman is expressing struggles, let’s rally around in loving support and encourage her in the truth.
4. NO HUSBAND BASHING! Major pet peeve. Ladies, this is about us. Let’s mind our business and let God deal with our husbands so when posting our personal struggles, make it about our reactions and our attitudes. An example of a healthy expression might be, “When he snapped at me I ………” An example of an unhealthy expression is anything that might paint your husband in a negative light.
* Purchase the book if you can. Here are links for the paperback and also for the Kindle versions–OR you can support Affaircare and purchase it through our Amazon account and a little bit of your purchase comes back to us! YAY we both win!
* Make sure to subscribe your email to our blog so you can receive the daily post.
And if you’re so inclined, sign up over at The Unbroken Woman’s “I Dare You” page too, to thank her for the WONDERFUL idea!!
* Read the study daily and comment here as often as possible.
If you have a Twitter or Facebook, like us and follow us–then go follow @unbrokenwoman and ‘Like’ UnbrokenWoman and RT the message on the study. The more women we bring on board, the more marriages that will be enhanced!
So glad to have you joining!