AFFAIRCARE

…nouthetic, Christian care after an affair.

July 21, 2013 by 7 Comments

question_of_the_week4

After your spouse had an affair, what did you do with your original wedding rings?

Enhanced by Zemanta “&x_ads_imp_theme=”wpcom_adclk_theme;stat_gif += “&x_ads_imp_placement=”+wpcom_adclk_slot;stat_gif += “&x_ads_imp_network=”wpcom_adclk_network;stat_gif += “&x_ads_imp_theme_network=”+wpcom_adclk_theme+”_”+wpcom_adclk_network;new Image().src = stat_gif”&baba=”Math.random();return true;}function wpcom_adclk_click() {if (wpcom_adclk_recorded) { return true; } // no double countingvar stat_gif = “&x_ads_click_theme=”wpcom_adclk_theme;stat_gif += “&x_ads_click_placement=”+wpcom_adclk_slot;stat_gif += “&x_ads_click_network=”wpcom_adclk_network;stat_gif += “&x_ads_click_theme_network=”+wpcom_adclk_theme+”_”+wpcom_adclk_network;new Image().src = stat_gif”&baba=”Math.random();wpcom_adclk_recorded = true;var now=new Date(); var end=now.getTime()+250;while(true){now=new Date();if(now.getTime()>end){break;}}return true;}if ( typeof GA_googleAddAttr == ‘function’ ) {GA_googleAddAttr(“AdOpt”, “1”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Origin”, “other”);GA_googleAddAttr(“LangId”, “1”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Domain”, “affaircare.com”);GA_googleAddAttr(“BlogId”, “13071271”);GA_googleAddAttr(“PageURL”, “http://affaircare.com/2013/07/21/question-of-the-week-july-21st-27th/”);GA_googleAddAttr(“AdSafe”, “1”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Tag”, “affaircare”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Tag”, “our-question-to-you”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Tag”, “affair”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Tag”, “infidelity-2”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Tag”, “relationships”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Tag”, “wedding-ring”);GA_googleAddAttr(“Partner”, “AOL”);GA_googleAddAttr(“theme_bg”, “ffffff”);GA_googleAddAttr(“theme_text”, “777777”);GA_googleAddAttr(“theme_link”, “009bc2”);GA_googleAddAttr(“theme_border”, “dddddd”);GA_googleAddAttr(“theme_url”, “009bc2”);GA_googleAddAdSensePageAttr(“google_page_url”, “http://affaircare.com/2013/07/21/question-of-the-week-july-21st-27th/”);GA_googleFillSlot(“wpcom_below_post_adsafe”);}div.wpa>div { margin-top: 1em; } #google_ads_div_wpcom_below_post_adsafe_ad_container { display: block !important; }jQuery( window ).load( function() { if ( jQuery(“.wpa script[src*=’virool.com’]”).length > 0 || jQuery(“.wpa script[src*=’shareth.ru’]”).length > 0 || jQuery(“.wpa iframe[src*=’boomvideo.tv’]”).length > 0 || jQuery(“.wpa iframe[src*=’viewablemedia.net’]”).length > 0 || jQuery(“.wpa .sharethrough-placement”).length > 0 ) { jQuery( ‘.wpa’ ).css( ‘width’, ‘400px’ ); }setTimeout(function(){if(typeof GS_googleAddAdSenseService !== ‘function’){new Image().src=document.location.protocol+”//stats.wordpress.com/g.gif?v=wpcom-no-pv&x_noads=adblock&baba=”+Math.random()}},100);} );

Do you love it? SHARE IT!!

Categories: Our Question to You | Tags: , , , | Permalink.

7 thoughts on “Question of the Week: July 21st – 27th”

1. Melanie Jones
    July 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I took mine off. The vows they represented were broken and I couldn’t stand to look at them. they are still sitting in my jewelry box. My husband recently gave me a new set of rings that came with a new commitment.

• Strong woman
      July 27, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hi Melanie, I did exactly the same. I have hidden mine. My husband got new ones for me but no formal commitment. I don’t really view them as wedding rings more as friendship rings or putting up with him for nearly thirty years! I think one day I may take the stones out of the wedding rings and make them into a bracelet or necklace, mad sell tHe gold!

2. rougedmount
    July 21, 2013 at 7:00 PM

i sold mine and then he “lost” his.

3. Lovey
    July 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM

My finger developed an itchy rash…perhaps a contact dermatitis…..[funny huh!]…my finger began to swell ….no amount of working on it or grease would allow it to come off. I had it cut off and now it sits in my drawer.

I did not intend to remove it because of the adultery but since it caused me such real physical discomfort and actually began to shut off the circulation I had to have it removed.

Wonder if this is significant that my body seemed to ‘reject’ this ring.

I ended up buying a cheap 20.00 ring which is ONLY the wedding band representative since my husband does not ‘engage’ with me much at all anymore . He has ‘disconnected’ for the most part …sleeping in a separate room .

How’s that for a representation of the present situation as I await the ‘reconciliation’ of our relationship which I am trusting the Lord for as I continue my faithfulness to my vows …since I believe that our vows were TO GOD as well as one another.

Just my view here.

Wearing this ring is ” OK ” with me because it represents my vows to the covenant of marriage even if my husband is not interested in keeping his through his way of ‘being ‘ married but without actually engaging IN the marriage.

It is somewhat like how to some “religion” is more an externally sustained weekly “event” to some who like the IDEA of being a Christian compared to the relationship …of being IN Christ from internal engaging with Him ongoing.

Does this relate to anyone here ?

The cheaper one actually doesn’t bother me at all …it is very modest and has a lovely sparkle…which my other genuine ring may have been so much more in every material way did not make up for the neglect, loneliness and rejection experienced even through it “lied” to all who may have noticed it, to say that my husband loved only me!

The wedding set is still cut and will probably remain so until such time that there is some genuine reconciliation….and the funds to repair or reset it .

Presently we are paying out of our retirement for the children of the OW who insisted my husband ‘give’ her children so she could be a ‘single mom by choice’!

Some choice!

Since she wanted to ‘exercise her reproductive ‘rights’ we all have had to pay for HER choice….in all respects of our lives.

His choice too ….the sperm did not just ‘hop’ over and “dive” in without being ‘launched’ !

Don’t you just love to hear about people who believe they have ‘rights’ but do not expect to pay their own way from the consequences of indulging in them!

4. Recovering WS
    July 22, 2013 at 4:52 AM

I can’t answer for my wife, but we kept ours. We are treating this as a new opportunity to build a better, more satisfying relationship, but we didn’t want to obliterate the past entirely either. We however did renew our vows. I think that tossing the previous rings out of spite is a bad sign. Very passive aggressive. Not helpful, I would think, to recovery. If my wife had done that, I think it would’ve discouraged me and made me think that recovery was neither possible or worth it.

5. Lovey
    July 22, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Good perspective Recovering WS…wish my husband would appreciate this …..keeping on keeping on here….

Good for YOU!

6. Cindy at Affaircare
    July 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM

My Dear Hubby and I kept our rings too. Yep the vows represented by those rings were broken by me, but yep those particular rings are “us” and are our history: both the good and the bad. As an abused person, I’ve often wondered “Why did I have to be hurt like that? What was the point?” but I also know that what occurred to me has also made me the person I am. Same for these rings. I said “for better…for worse” and now I can look at these rings and think “Yes! We survived the better and the worse and these rings represent what we are today.”

GravatarEmail (required) (Address never made public)Name (required)WebsiteWordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

var highlander_expando_javascript = function(){var input = document.createElement( ‘input’ ), comment = jQuery( ‘#comment’ );if ( ‘placeholder’ in input ) {comment.attr( ‘placeholder’, jQuery( ‘.comment-textarea label’ ).remove().text() );}// Expando Mode: start small, then auto-resize on first clicktext lengthjQuery( ‘#comment-form-identity’ ).hide();jQuery( ‘#comment-form-subscribe’ ).hide();jQuery( ‘#commentform .form-submit’ ).hide();comment.css( { ‘height’:’10px’ } ).one( ‘focus’, function() {var timer = setInterval( HighlanderComments.resizeCallback, 10 )jQuery( this ).animate( { ‘height’: HighlanderComments.initialHeight } ).delay( 100 ).queue( function(n) { clearInterval( timer ); HighlanderComments.resizeCallback(); n(); } );jQuery( ‘#comment-form-identity’ ).slideDown();jQuery( ‘#comment-form-subscribe’ ).slideDown();jQuery( ‘#commentform .form-submit’ ).slideDown();});}jQuery(document).ready( highlander_expando_javascript );

Notify me of follow-up comments via email.

Notify me of new posts via email.

Post navigation

Subscribe to Affaircare and get tips in your email about keeping your marriage affair-free or saving your marriage after an affair!

Join 473 other followers

Do you want help delivered right to your inbox?

Download the Affaircare APP!

Affaircare Forums

Romance Calendar

Are you 'romance-impaired'?  Do you need a little help remembering how to be romantic?  Here's one romantic idea every day!

Are you ‘romance-impaired’? Do you need a little help remembering how to be romantic? Here’s one romantic idea every day!

Prayer Requests

Chat with Affaircare

We are on Pacific Time and if we are not available to chat, it will email us!

Follow Us, Like Us, Pin Us, Link to us, Join our Circle!

Feed

RSS – Posts

Support Affaircare!

And while you’re shopping on Amazon, don’t forget our book: “Affaircare: Caring for Your Marriage After an Affair”!

Meet the CMBA Members!

Click here for links to all the members of the Christian Marriage Bloggers Association

Internet Defense League member

Member of The Internet Defense League

• A CRY FOR JUSTICE
  • Family Dynamics Institute
  • MarriageFire
  • Soul Mate Shmoopies
  • Talk About Marriage
  • NetworkedBlogsBlog:AffaircareTopics: Infidelity, Marriage, Christian  Follow my blogCreative Commons License
    This entire site, the articles and the blogs are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

__________________________

AFFAIRCARE claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed

Map of our Readers

Real Time Web Analytics Clicky

Blog at WordPress.com. | The Yoko Theme.

Top/* */var WPGroHo = {“my_hash”:””};/* ]]> *///initialize and attach hovercards to all gravatarsjQuery( document ).ready( function( $ ) {if ( typeof Gravatar.init !== “function” ) {return;}Gravatar.profile_cb = function( hash, id ) {WPGroHo.syncProfileData( hash, id );};Gravatar.my_hash = WPGroHo.my_hash;Gravatar.init( ‘body’, ‘#wp-admin-bar-my-account’ );});/* */var HighlanderComments = {“loggingInText”:”Logging Inu2026″,”submittingText”:”Posting Commentu2026″,”postCommentText”:”Post Comment”,”connectingToText”:”Connecting to %s”,”commentingAsText”:”%1$s: You are commenting using your %2$s account.”,”logoutText”:”Log Out”,”loginText”:”Log In”,”connectURL”:”http://affaircare.wordpress.com/public.api/connect/?action=request”,”logoutURL”:”https://affaircare.wordpress.com/wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=44dbe3cdf8″,”homeURL”:”http://affaircare.com/”,”postID”:”1939″,”gravDefault”:”blank”,”enterACommentError”:”Please enter a comment”,”enterEmailError”:”Please enter your email address here”,”invalidEmailError”:”Invalid email address”,”enterAuthorError”:”Please enter your name here”,”gravatarFromEmail”:”This picture will show whenever you leave a comment. Click to customize it.”,”logInToExternalAccount”:”Log in to use details from one of these accounts.”,”change”:”Change”,”changeAccount”:”Change Account”,”comment_registration”:””,”userIsLoggedIn”:””,”isJetpack”:”0″};/* ]]> */Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 473 other followers

Powered by WordPress.com//>WPCOM_sharing_counts = {“http://affaircare.com/2013/07/21/question-of-the-week-july-21st-27th/”:1939}jQuery(document).on( ‘ready post-load’, function(){jQuery( ‘a.share-facebook’ ).on( ‘click’, function() {window.open( jQuery(this).attr( ‘href’ ), ‘wpcomfacebook’, ‘menubar=1,resizable=1,width=600,height=400’ );return false;});});jQuery(document).on( ‘ready post-load’, function(){jQuery( ‘a.share-twitter’ ).on( ‘click’, function() {window.open( jQuery(this).attr( ‘href’ ), ‘wpcomtwitter’, ‘menubar=1,resizable=1,width=600,height=350’ );return false;});});jQuery( document ).ready( function() { jQuery.getScript( ‘//platform.linkedin.com/in.js?async=true’, function success() { IN.init(); });});jQuery( document.body ).on( ‘post-load’, function() {if ( typeof IN != ‘undefined’ )IN.parse();});// Pinterest shared resourcesvar s = document.createElement(“script”);s.type = “text/javascript”;s.async = true;s.src = window.location.protocol”//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js”;var x = document.getElementsByTagName(“script”)[0];x.parentNode.insertBefore(s, x);// if ‘Pin it’ button has ‘counts’ make container widerjQuery(window).load( function(){ jQuery( ‘li.share-pinterest a span:visible’ ).closest( ‘.share-pinterest’ ).width( ’80px’ ); } ); (function() { var po = document.createElement(‘script’); po.type = ‘text/javascript’; po.async = true; po.src = ‘https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js’; var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s); })();Send to Email AddressYour NameYour Email AddressPost was not sent – check your email addresses!Email check failed, please try againSorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.%d bloggers like this:

By admin