HAPPY FATHER’S DAY
- “For the LORD detests a perverse man but takes the upright into his confidence.” (Proverbs 3:32)
- “Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.” (Proverbs 23:22)
- “Honesty lives confident and carefree, but Shifty is sure to be exposed.” (Proverbs 10:9 MSG)
- “A discerning man keeps wisdom in view, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth.” (Proverbs 17:24)
- “Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.” (Colossians 3:21)
- “As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him.” (Psalm 103:13)
- “Don’t fail to correct your children. You won’t kill them by being firm, and it may even save their lives.”(Proverbs 23:13-14 CEV)
- “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.” (Ephesians 6:4 ESV)
- “A man of knowledge uses words with restraint, and a man of understanding is even-tempered.” (Proverbs 17:27)
- “My son, do not despise the LORD’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.” (Proverbs 3:11-12)
This day and age, the role of men in families is being undermined. With access to fairly easy divorce, for no declared reason other than “we aren’t happy” children today often have men that come and go in their lives. Men often think they don’t have just as much right to custody of their own children. But children very much NEED fathers in their lives!
A father may be the male person whose DNA you carry–your biological progenitor. A father may be a man who stepped up and raised you when your real father left your mom. A father may be a pastor or clergyman who ministered in your life. A father may be the guy who hung out with you and taught you what being a man REALLY was. Fathers can be anyone from the humble bread-truck driver to a busy executive CEO–but they are the guy who guides you, teaches you, never gives up on you, and shows compassion while spending time. Today we honor our FATHERS. So thank the man in your life who was your mentor, adviser and model. Let him know that he meant something to you.
Happy Father’s Day!