AFFAIRCARE

…nouthetic, Christian care after an affair.

Menu

Search for:November 4, 2012Our Question to You

Is infidelity the worst pain you have ever experienced in your life thus far or is a death in the family worse? Please share your thoughts on why the one is worse than the other.

(function(g){g.__ATA.initAd({sectionId:130712711, width:300, height:250});})(window);

Do you love it? SHARE IT!!

Post navigation

7 thoughts on “Question of the Week Nov. 4th – 10th”

1. sandy says:November 4, 2012 at 4:12 PM

yes it has. My girls were in a wreck in ’89 (train), and not expected to live: my son was thrown over in a cornfield, flipped four times (the car landed on the roof, was smoking, but didn’t burn); my other son’s car was overrun by a construction truck when that driver had a heart attack–thank God the driver survived as did my son; my family– all but the oldest girl that had left earlier– was leaving a retirement party at a boat club–the night was foggy, and flooding had occurred in the area–we accidentally drove to the bottom of the river (a storm fence was mistaken for a fence at the end of the tennis court)—not once did anyone give up on someone they love, these were accidents, not choices. God’s grace gave us all a complete recovery, even when 2 other people died in a different car the night we went in the river. I know God’s hand has sifted all that comes in all our lives, and I just keep praying for faith to follow his lead.

2. Greg says:November 5, 2012 at 1:47 AM

I would say equal because an affair is like losing that person

3. anonymousMe says:November 5, 2012 at 9:37 AM

I guess it would depend on the death. I lost my grandfather a few years ago, and though it hurt, it wasnt horrible because it was his time to go. I am sure that this is much different than a violent or unexpected death. When my wife had her affair, however, not only was the pain much worse, but it has lasted much, much longer and has been more difficult to recover from. Though I have hope that she and I are going to stay together, any time we have issues the affair comes back into my mind, along with many thoughts, feelings fand fears. I would say the affair has been much more painful, in my case.

4. sunshineamanda says:November 5, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Of course the death of a friend or loved one is very painful. But, for me, infidelity was infinitely worse. Death is a loss. But it does not ruin your memories of the person the way a betrayal does. It doesn’t damage your self worth the way a cheating spouse does.

5. MovingForward says:November 6, 2012 at 6:05 AM

I have experienced the death of a close friend very recently, and adultery over a decade ago. (We are still together and moving forward.) The death is final, and I know he is now with the Lord – no longer in pain. I am at peace with that.

Adultery is a far worse pain to deal with. Even now (especially when we argue) my mind occasionally flips back to when my wife was in the arms of another man, and it hurts. But I make a daily choice to remember that I forgave her and I must walk in that forgiveness, or risk putting her sin and shame right back on her shoulders again. She repented and Jesus forgave her of all that. Who am I to usurp his authority?

6. Luci says:November 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM

Because infidelity is intentionally inflicted by the one person who is supposed to love you the most and it is not an expected stage of life, it is much worse.. Death is a part of life. It can be very difficult to deal with, but it is one sphere – extreme sadness. Infidelity covers so many other aspects of you – there are no words to describe the utter devastation it wreaks on your life, making it difficult to breathe every day. It has been over a year since I found out about my husband ‘s infidelity and the pain is no better. So many little things can trigger a memory, like going out to eat Chinese food , or my son having a certain friend over ( all of which were linked to another betrayal heaped on top of the previous ones.). In dealing with death there is no deception, death is true. Infidelity is a much deeper more profound pain

7. maria says:November 13, 2012 at 11:20 AM

so far only my parents have died and I thought it was normal. infidelity has hurted more like a betreyal.

GravatarEmail (required) (Address never made public)Name (required)WebsiteWordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

var highlander_expando_javascript = function(){var input = document.createElement( ‘input’ ), comment = jQuery( ‘#comment’ );if ( ‘placeholder’ in input ) {comment.attr( ‘placeholder’, jQuery( ‘.comment-textarea label’ ).remove().text() );}// Expando Mode: start small, then auto-resize on first clicktext lengthjQuery( ‘#comment-form-identity’ ).hide();jQuery( ‘#comment-form-subscribe’ ).hide();jQuery( ‘#commentform .form-submit’ ).hide();comment.css( { ‘height’:’10px’ } ).one( ‘focus’, function() {var timer = setInterval( HighlanderComments.resizeCallback, 10 )jQuery( this ).animate( { ‘height’: HighlanderComments.initialHeight } ).delay( 100 ).queue( function(n) { clearInterval( timer ); HighlanderComments.resizeCallback(); n(); } );jQuery( ‘#comment-form-identity’ ).slideDown();jQuery( ‘#comment-form-subscribe’ ).slideDown();jQuery( ‘#commentform .form-submit’ ).slideDown();});}jQuery(document).ready( highlander_expando_javascript );

Notify me of new comments via email.

Notify me of new posts via email.

And while you’re shopping on Amazon, don’t forget our book: “Affaircare: Caring for Your Marriage After an Affair”!

Subscribe to Affaircare and get tips in your email about keeping your marriage affair-free or saving your marriage after an affair!

Join 818 other followers

Do you want help delivered right to your inbox?

Get our book! “Affaircare: Caring for Your Marriage After an Affair”

The Affaircare Feed

RSS – Posts

Download the Affaircare Podcast

On iTunes:
On Stitcher:

Affaircare Romance Calendar

Affaircare will PRAY with you!

Affaircare on Facebook

Affaircare on Facebook

Watch us, Pin Us, Link to us, Join our Circle!

Download the Affaircare APP!

Search for:NetworkedBlogsBlog:AffaircareTopics: Infidelity, Marriage, Christian  Follow my blogCreative Commons License
This entire site, the articles and the blogs are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

__________________________

AFFAIRCARE claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed

Map of our Readers

Real Time Web Analytics Clicky The Twenty Thirteen Theme.Blog at WordPress.com.!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?’http’:’https’;if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+”://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js”;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,”script”,”twitter-wjs”);/* */var WPGroHo = {“my_hash”:””};/* ]]> *///initialize and attach hovercards to all gravatarsjQuery( document ).ready( function( $ ) {if (typeof Gravatar === “undefined”){return;}if ( typeof Gravatar.init !== “function” ) {return;}Gravatar.profile_cb = function( hash, id ) {WPGroHo.syncProfileData( hash, id );};Gravatar.my_hash = WPGroHo.my_hash;Gravatar.init( ‘body’, ‘#wp-admin-bar-my-account’ );});/* */var HighlanderComments = {“loggingInText”:”Logging Inu2026″,”submittingText”:”Posting Commentu2026″,”postCommentText”:”Post Comment”,”connectingToText”:”Connecting to %s”,”commentingAsText”:”%1$s: You are commenting using your %2$s account.”,”logoutText”:”Log Out”,”loginText”:”Log In”,”connectURL”:”https://affaircare.wordpress.com/public.api/connect/?action=request”,”logoutURL”:”https://affaircare.wordpress.com/wp-login.php?action=logout&_wpnonce=e1f0215c91″,”homeURL”:”http://affaircare.com/”,”postID”:”1488″,”gravDefault”:”blank”,”enterACommentError”:”Please enter a comment”,”enterEmailError”:”Please enter your email address here”,”invalidEmailError”:”Invalid email address”,”enterAuthorError”:”Please enter your name here”,”gravatarFromEmail”:”This picture will show whenever you leave a comment. Click to customize it.”,”logInToExternalAccount”:”Log in to use details from one of these accounts.”,”change”:”Change”,”changeAccount”:”Change Account”,”comment_registration”:””,”userIsLoggedIn”:””,”isJetpack”:”0″,”text_direction”:”ltr”};/* ]]> */Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 818 other followers

Build a website with WordPress.comwindow._ttf = window._ttf || [];_ttf.push({ pid : 25030 ,lang : “en” ,slot : ‘.ebzNative’ ,minSlot : 0 ,format : “inread” ,components: { skip: {delay: 0} } ,css : “margin: 0px 0px;”});(function (d) { var js, s = d.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0]; js = d.createElement(‘script’); js.async = true; js.src = ‘//cdn.teads.tv/media/format.js’; s.parentNode.insertBefore(js, s);})(window.document);//>window.WPCOM_sharing_counts = {“http://affaircare.com/2012/11/04/question-of-the-week-nov-4th-10th/”:1488};var windowOpen;jQuery(document).on( ‘ready post-load’, function(){jQuery( ‘a.share-facebook’ ).on( ‘click’, function() {if ( ‘undefined’ !== typeof windowOpen ){ // If there’s another sharing window open, close it.windowOpen.close();}windowOpen = window.open( jQuery(this).attr( ‘href’ ), ‘wpcomfacebook’, ‘menubar=1,resizable=1,width=600,height=400’ );return false;});});(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = ‘//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=249643311490&version=v2.3’; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, ‘script’, ‘facebook-jssdk’));jQuery( document.body ).on( ‘post-load’, function() {if ( ‘undefined’ !== typeof FB ) {FB.XFBML.parse();}} );!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0],p=/^http:/.test(d.location)?’http’:’https’;if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src=p+’://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js’;fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document, ‘script’, ‘twitter-wjs’);jQuery( document ).ready( function() { jQuery.getScript( ‘//platform.linkedin.com/in.js?async=true’, function success() { IN.init(); });});jQuery( document.body ).on( ‘post-load’, function() {if ( typeof IN != ‘undefined’ )IN.parse();});// Pinterest shared resourcesvar s = document.createElement(“script”);s.type = “text/javascript”;s.async = true;s.setAttribute(‘data-pin-hover’, true);s.src = window.location.protocol”//assets.pinterest.com/js/pinit.js”;var x = document.getElementsByTagName(“script”)[0];x.parentNode.insertBefore(s, x);// if ‘Pin it’ button has ‘counts’ make container widerjQuery(window).load( function(){ jQuery( ‘li.share-pinterest a span:visible’ ).closest( ‘.share-pinterest’ ).width( ’80px’ ); } );function renderGooglePlus1() {if ( ‘undefined’ === typeof gapi ) {return;}jQuery( ‘.g-plus’ ).each(function() {var $button = jQuery( this );if ( ! $button.data( ‘gplus-rendered’ ) ) {gapi.plusone.render( this, {href: $button.attr( ‘data-href’ ),size: $button.attr( ‘data-size’ ),annotation: $button.attr( ‘data-annotation’ )});$button.data( ‘gplus-rendered’, true );}});}(function() {var po = document.createElement(‘script’); po.type = ‘text/javascript’; po.async = true;po.src = ‘https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js’;po.innerHTML = ‘{“parsetags”: “explicit”}’;po.onload = renderGooglePlus1;var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’)[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);})();jQuery( document.body ).on( ‘post-load’, renderGooglePlus1 );Send to Email AddressYour NameYour Email Address document.getElementById(‘jetpack-source_f_name’).value = ”; Post was not sent – check your email addresses!Email check failed, please try againSorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.%d bloggers like this:

By admin