You’ve suspected for a while that something is not right between you and your spouse. Maybe they are chatting or texting all the time and then deleting everything so you can’t see it. Maybe they have completely changed their music, hairstyle, or clothing choices to something appropriate for someone decades younger. Maybe they were spending lots of extra hours “at work” but there was no overtime on their paycheck.
Whatever the reasons, you have a sneaking suspicion something isn’t right…and you have decided to verify what your spouse has been telling you. Contrary to the Hollywood version we’ve all seen, most affairs are not discovered because one spouse is a great detective. Very often, infidelity is accidentally discovered or is found using the low tech methods of just comparing cell bill, phone bill, credit card bill and where they claimed to have been. When dealing with a cheating spouse, though, some sort of monitoring is almost always needed. if your dealing with a lying and/or cheating partner, how do you address the problem until the truth is out in the open? Fixing problems requires a full accounting and acknowledgment of the issues involved.
Listed below are several more techniques, products, and services designed to help you catch a lying and cheating spouse:
- Keyloggers – this kind of computer monitoring software allows you to see everything your spouse does online. Some record each keystroke, some record screenshots of the activity. These loggers establish a record of all online activities. WebWatcher, Spector Pro, SpyAgent and PC Pandora are among the top-rated computer, internet and email monitoring programs
- Home Surveillance Equipment – hidden cameras and voice-activated recording devices can be purchased in every shape and size imaginable. Spy equipment can be disguised as common household objects as such as a clock radio, smoke alarm, a pen, a watch…whatever! If you decided to buy surveillance equipment, be sure you do so in accordance with the law where you reside (Electronic Surveillance Laws by state)
- GPS Tracking Devices – purchase a global positioning satellite device which can track a vehicle’s exact location 24 hours a day. You can purchase a GPS, a gps logger, a trackstick, or a cell phone tracker. Most GPSs are placed within a car to track its exact movement and location. Many GPS systems allow for real-time monitoring (updated every 2 to 5 seconds) by a remote computer or cell phone. In addition to real-time monitoring, these systems also provide detailed travel histories, such as where a care went and how long it was there.
- Forensic Infidelity Tests – test samples of your spouse’s clothing for biological evidence of cheating. It is possible to test your spouse’s clothing for the presence of semen or vaginal fluids and compare those samples with your own DNA. Several companies provide infidelity tests including Test Infidelity and CheckMate.
- Comprehensive Background Checks – do you think your boyfriend or girlfriend is lying to you about the past? Do they sound too good to be true? Are things not adding up? Is s/he still married? Is s/he telling the truth about their academic degree? Background checks allow individuals to verify someone’s past employment record, marriage and divorce records, educational achievements, financial information, military service, address history, property ownership as well as criminal history. Background Checks can be done online and the top rated firms are Abika, Records Registry, and US Search.
- Private Investigators – hiring a licensed investigator is the quickest and most effective way to discover the truth. Private investigators are licensed by the state to engage in surveillance. More importantly, private detectives are knowledgeable about the surveillance techniques which are legal to use in the area which you reside. When hiring a PI, it is important to select someone who specializes in infidelity investigations.
- 7 Reasons Why You May Want to Spy If You Suspect Your Spouse is Cheating! (affaircare.com)
- Low tech ways to check if your spouse is cheating (affaircare.com)
- How To Track A Cell Phone With GPS (answers.com)